Mind Management may just be as important as hand washing right now as we are all just trying to find normal while self-isolating and working from home. Check out these tips to help you manage anxiety & to help promote postive metal health......we hope you find these tips helpful!
- Protect your mind & your attitude by taking just 5 minutes in the morning and journalling…..we find that writing down even just 5 things that you are grateful for helps to start your day off right! Now's the time to follow pages that provide positive thoughts and articles everyday ...we can't possibly get too much of that right now! Check out one like Marc and Angel Hack Life for daily inspriration.
- Try to maintain normal sleep patterns and daily schedules as much as possible. When we can maintain some of our regular habits, it’s helps us to feel as normal as possible. If you are having trouble sleeping there are a number Apps like "Calm" that be can be helpful.
- Limit your exposure to news and social media if you find it all overwhelming….and who doesn’t honestly! It’s good to be informed of course, but too much information can cause undue anxiety & fear. Consider turning off your notifications for the time being!
- Make time for exercise of some kind every day…even if it’s just a walk around the block to get fresh air. Most gyms are now providing online training so check with yours & there are loads of full length videos available on YouTube so you can work out at home. Active by PopSugar Fitness has provided a free link to al of their workouts....from beginner to advanced, with or without equipment and all types and duration options!
- Lighten up on what you watch….comedies and even mindless TV shows are ok right now to give your mind a break. There are so many steaming options available with loads of content & even some our old favourites on syndicated TV like Friends, Big Bang Theory & Rules of Engagement are on daily marathons right now!
- Stay in touch with friends and family "virtually" or by phone just to check in ….both for them and you! We may be self-isolating but we don’t have to feel isolated because we have the gift of technology that allows us to easily connect!
If you need help, there are resources available, so please reach out! The Saskatchewan Health Care Administration has tools available for you to check out on their website.
Be kind to yourself…and others ….everyone deals with things differently! And you know what, if you don’t feel like keeping up with some things right now it’s ok…we’re all in the same boat and we will all get through this together!
We’re here, working at home for the time being, and we’re always available if you have questions about what’s happening in Regina's real estate market so feel free to connect with us ….we’re happy to hear from you!
~ Karin & Jen
buying a home
buying a home
to do list
If you are thinking of buying a home for the first time or if you have been out of the market for awhile, there are a lot of things to consider before you start home shopping!
Here is our list of to-do’s to get the process started:
Get pre-approved and decide on budget!
Book an appointment with your lender or mortgage broker to discuss your plans before you even start seriously viewing properties. There is nothing worse than falling in love with a house only to find out that it doesn’t fit your budget.
Knowing the price point of properties you are pre-approved for helps us to narrow the search so we are showing you homes that will fall into the right range.
Your lender will need your employment/salary info and the full picture of your financial situation so they can best advise you as far as price range. Having all of the paper work done in advance will save you time & make the final approval process run more smoothly when it comes time for an offer. They will also guide you as far as the amount of your down payment and what is required for your mortgage.
Know the Costs Involved
There is more to consider than just the purchase price of a home. You need to factor in property taxes, utilities, and condo fees where applicable. Your monthly costs are important to know to determine not just how much you can afford, meaning your pre-approved budget, but how much you are comfortable allocating to home expenses.
There are also costs that go along with making the purchase including your home inspections, legal fees, and land titles transfer fees and the deposit portion of your down payment. With the possible exception of property taxes depending on how you pay those, these expenses are all out of pocket, meaning you have to have the cash accessible as they can’t be rolled into your mortgage.
There are a number of great apps that can help you calculate those expenses so you have an idea of the numbers in advance.
Create your “wants & needs” list
Make a list of what things you want in your next home and what areas appeal to you. Do you love entertaining and the space must have a gourmet kitchen & open concept living spaces? Do you have school age children and the school district is of the utmost importance? Do you have pets and a fenced yard or access to park space/walking paths is a must? Is it number of bedrooms/bathrooms that are most important….or a master bedroom with separate ensuite bath perhaps? Do you want to be able to walk or bike to work so proximity is a priority? Whatever the things are that matter to you most are the starting point for the house hunting process and that all helps us to choose the best possibilities to begin with. Your time is valuable so we ant to be sure that we are choosing the best houses to fit your wants and needs. Of course some compromise is inevitable but we want to help you find the home that checks off the most boxes!
Why Hire a Realtor®?
Because we understand the local market and have the tools and knowledge to guide you through the process, from the first home viewing to the day you take possession of your new home. We negotiate with the sellers agent on your behalf and liaison with your lender, lawyer, home inspectors, appraisers etc and make your home purchase as seamless as possible for you. Simply put we are your advocate!
If you are ready to start looking for your first home, your dream home or even just looking to make a change we are here to help you make the right move.
If you have questions about anything real estate, whether it’s buying, selling or looking to build a new home we have answers!
Happy Home Shopping!
Karin & Jen
Your Proven Regina Real Estate Team
Hawkstone Village is a 2 storey townhouse condominium complex located in Regina's NW development, Hawkstone, close to schools, shopping and services. Hawkstone Village, is a partnership project with Varsity & Gilroy Homes and has the benefit of a builder/developer team with over 30 years’ experience in custom home building in Regina. They have a solid reputation for the quality of their product, and it shows in this project! We, the W2 Team, are happy to represent this project.
The 1023 sq ft 2 storey townhouses, with undeveloped basement space, are now starting at $240,000 (including GST). You can customize your own unit with a choice of preset colour combination & upgrade options based on your personal taste and budget, and If you require a quick possession we have designed some great units that are move-in ready!
You can check out the available move-in ready listings linked below:
Our Hawkstone Village Listings
The 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath units have great standard finishes including carpet & linoleum (upgrade options for laminate & tile), shaker style cabinets in 3 colours, 2 choices of lighting packages, blinds package included,a $3200 appliance credit so ou can choose your own, as well as upgrade options for central air conditioning & granite countertops.
One electrified parking stall is included with the option to purchase a 2nd stall.
The Hawkstone Village show suite is located at 3469 Elgaard Drive, facing Rochdale Boulevard, weekends 1-5PM or you can call to schedule an appointment for viewing!
For more information contact us at:
Follow us on Facebook:
Hawkstone Village Townhouses
You can also check out more details & the unit floorplan at:
Happy home shopping!
Karin & Jen
Your Proven Regina Real Estate Team
buying a home
real estate agent
selling a home
why use a realtor
What are the benefits of using a REALTOR®?
Whether you’re buying or selling a home, it’s important to understand from the outset how professional representation can help you at every step of the process.
Buying or selling a home is a major financial (and emotional) undertaking and
your REALTOR® is more than just a "salesperson".....we act on your behalf as your advocate, providing you with professional advice and guidance.
While the Internet has opened up a world of information not previously available to consumers, the data on listings available for sale, while interesting, is only relevant in context in our local market. In a competitive market, whether you are buying or selling, you need the most current information about what has sold or is currently for sale, any pertinent changes in pricing, as well as any addiotnal information we have about specific properties beyond the listing details.
The way to ensure you have that information is by enlisting the help of a REALTOR®.
Buying a Home:
As a buyer, there are many advantages to having a REALTOR® work with you:
- We simplify the process of finding you the perfect place by matching up properties that fit with your criteria & arrange all property showings. As buying or selling your home is a very personal transaction, many people tend to feel more comfortable using an agent as a liaison rather than having to deal face to face with potential buyers or sellers. The best part is it doesn't cost you, the buyer, anything to have a REALTOR® work on your behalf as buyer’s agent is compensated via a percentage of the seller’s brokerage commission.
Once we find the right property for you, we will develop a negotiation strategy based on our industry knowledge and experience, facilitate all the contracts and paperwork, as well as negotiate the purchase on your behalf including price, possession, inclusions & any conditions to the purchase.
- We can recommend industry professionals, such as mortgage brokers, certified home inspectors, real estate lawyers, insurance agents, movers, & even proven contractors for any projects that need to be addressed. We will be with you through your home inspection and will help guide you through that process as well.
- We also work closely with all parties involved in your home purchase & ensure that all documents are provided to your Lender & Lawyer.
Selling a Home:
- When you're selling your home, you gain access to the most qualified buyers by being listed on the Multiple Listing Service. Whether you are buying or selling a home, MLS® is your best tool. By having your listing as part of the MLS® system you instantly have all of the REALTORS® in the city considering your property for their qualified buyers as well as national exposure to potential buyers relocating to the Regina area.
- That is really the key....getting it in front of the highest number of people who are actively looking for a property with the same characteristics as yours, in your price range and neighbourhood.
- We are your liaison with other local real estate agents to help promote your property & to work together to help affect a great end result for you!
- One of the most important things we do is to help you price your home correctly through our experience and understanding of the market & comparable sales.
- Great marketing of your property starts with professional photos & video tours. We will arrange that for you and we will help to advise you & give you our recommendations to ensure that your home & yard are photo ready and engaging to potential to buyers.
Because today's home buyers and sellers are so much better informed than in the past, our expertise and ability to communicate that, are becoming much more important. Our profession and the service we provide is evolving and we are becoming as much a "guide" through the process as a "salesperson".
We are your personal representative when you are buying or selling a home and we will be with you every step of the way!
We look forward to working with you & if you have questions about anything real estate, we are here to help! Email us at email@example.com
Happy House Hunting!
Karin & Jen