Mind Management may just be as important as hand washing right now as we are all just trying to find normal while self-isolating and working from home. Check out these tips to help you manage anxiety & to help promote postive metal health......we hope you find these tips helpful!
- Protect your mind & your attitude by taking just 5 minutes in the morning and journalling…..we find that writing down even just 5 things that you are grateful for helps to start your day off right! Now's the time to follow pages that provide positive thoughts and articles everyday ...we can't possibly get too much of that right now! Check out one like Marc and Angel Hack Life for daily inspriration.
- Try to maintain normal sleep patterns and daily schedules as much as possible. When we can maintain some of our regular habits, it’s helps us to feel as normal as possible. If you are having trouble sleeping there are a number Apps like "Calm" that be can be helpful.
- Limit your exposure to news and social media if you find it all overwhelming….and who doesn’t honestly! It’s good to be informed of course, but too much information can cause undue anxiety & fear. Consider turning off your notifications for the time being!
- Make time for exercise of some kind every day…even if it’s just a walk around the block to get fresh air. Most gyms are now providing online training so check with yours & there are loads of full length videos available on YouTube so you can work out at home. Active by PopSugar Fitness has provided a free link to al of their workouts....from beginner to advanced, with or without equipment and all types and duration options!
- Lighten up on what you watch….comedies and even mindless TV shows are ok right now to give your mind a break. There are so many steaming options available with loads of content & even some our old favourites on syndicated TV like Friends, Big Bang Theory & Rules of Engagement are on daily marathons right now!
- Stay in touch with friends and family "virtually" or by phone just to check in ….both for them and you! We may be self-isolating but we don’t have to feel isolated because we have the gift of technology that allows us to easily connect!
If you need help, there are resources available, so please reach out! The Saskatchewan Health Care Administration has tools available for you to check out on their website.
Be kind to yourself…and others ….everyone deals with things differently! And you know what, if you don’t feel like keeping up with some things right now it’s ok…we’re all in the same boat and we will all get through this together!
We’re here, working at home for the time being, and we’re always available if you have questions about what’s happening in Regina's real estate market so feel free to connect with us ….we’re happy to hear from you!
~ Karin & Jen
Post Your Comment: